Staff Grade Psychologist CDNT
If you are a Staff Grade Clinical Psychologist dedicated to improving the lives of Children with intellectual disabilities and complex needs, I invite you to contact me.
Medforce Recruitment are proud to have partnered with a Children’s Disability Network Team to recruit a Staff Grade Psychologist to join a well-established service in Clonmal
The successful candidate will be required to work as part of an interdisciplinary team that provides services to 0–18-year-old children and young persons with complex needs, with or without intellectual disabilities. The candidate is also required to work in partnership with families within a family centred model.
Contract: 12 month’s with view to extend.
Duties and Responsibilities
- To co-ordinate and monitor the caseload in order that clients and families receive optimum benefit from psychological services offered in the service.
- Undertake psychological assessments and carry out appropriate therapy and interventions for clients and those referred to the service.
- Maintaining proper records of services provided, ensuring all client assessments are filed appropriately in a manner compatible with the F.O.I. act and in line with data processing policies.
- Initiate, implement and monitor interventions as appropriate to the professional standards of a psychologist.
- Provide on-going support, information and assistance to employees working with children and families.
- Maintaining collaborative working relationships with psychology colleagues and all other members of the ELCS team.
- Provide professional reports as required and co-operate in appropriate research projects approved by the Service.
- Maintain detailed statistical or other records relating to psychology interventions and interdisciplinary work as assigned to you.
- To furnish as requested reports or other statistical information.
- Participate in the supervision of basic grade psychologists and the training of psychology students as assigned.
- Monitoring and keeping up to date with new developments in the area of psychology including new research for example on autism spectrum disorder and neurodiversity and other practice relevant research.
You are a potential candidate if you have the following
- A recognised university degree or diploma with first- or second-class honours in which Psychology was taken as major subject and honours obtained in that subject.
- A post-graduate professional qualification inpsychology, recognized by the Psychological Society of Ireland.
- Possess the requisite knowledge and ability (including a high standard of suitability and management ability) for the proper discharge of the duties of the office and including an interest and experience in working with children with intellectual disabilities, with or without a diagnosis of autism, who have psychological support needs.
- Applicants with qualifications obtained outside of Ireland must provide a certificate of validation of their qualifications from the Department of Health.
- Consolidated pay-scale rates/Weekly pay/Wellness at Work
- Friendly culture/Ongoing supportive, empowering leadership
- Specialist clinical training, professional supervision, career development and support
- On going opportunities to progress your career
Contact Lhall@medforce.ie with your CV