Staff grade Occupational Therapist (Rehabilitation)
Are you a compassionate, dedicated Staff grade Occupational Therapist looking to take the next step in your career?
Now is the time to explore job opportunities, build a brighter future and enhance your skills, contact Charlene Cooke to discuss more…
Medforce Recruitment are recruiting a Staff Grade Occupational Therapist on behalf of a State-of-the-Art Step-Down Care Facility in north Dublin.
The Occupational Therapist will provide reablement and developmental therapy and support services for patients in conjunction with the multidisciplinary team (MDT).
The postholder will direct patient participation in selected tasks to restore, reinforce, and enhance performance; they will facilitate the learning of skills and functions essential for adaptation and productivity, diminish or correct pathology, and promote and maintain health.
This dedicated care team, work diligently to ensure all patients are happy and comfortable during their stay, until they are well enough to transition home or to another healthcare facility.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Tests and evaluates patients for therapy and support needs; assesses availability of community facilities, equipment, and/or services.
- Plans, organises, and conducts occupational therapy programs designed to help patients regain physical or mental functioning or to adjust to their disabilities.
- Active participation in regular MDT meetings, including goal setting and discharge planning
- Monitors patient progress; prepares and maintains records and reports as appropriate for the Director of Clinical Services, ensuring adherence to procedural safeguards and confidentiality requirements.
- Participates in training of rehabilitation assistants, nursing and care personnel in occupational therapy techniques and objectives.
- Adheres to all centres policy on best practice in infection control and related issues
- Involved in homecare applications and home visits when required
- Partake in all relevant investigations and complaints reports as part of the MDT
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
This is a permanent, full-time working 35 hours over 5 days per week Monday -Friday. Salary range is €40,325-€52,000 depending on experience.
The successful candidate will have the following:
- A BSc in Occupational Therapy or an equivalent
- CORU registered Occupational Therapy qualification.
- Knowledge of Occupational therapy services, facilities and equipment.
- Ability to assess individual patient needs.
- Skill in preparing and maintaining patient records.
- Knowledge of a range of therapy methods and techniques.
- Ability to maintain quality, safety, and/or infection control standards.
- Ability to fabricate and fit a range of adaptive devices for individual patients and to instruct in their use and maintenance.
- Knowledge of related accreditation and certification requirements.
- Ability to use independent judgment and to manage and impart confidential information.
- Ability to observe, assess, and record symptoms, reactions, and progress.
Charlene is a strategic, highly enthusiastic leader with a wealth of experience supplying Allied Health and Social Care professionals across acute hospitals, community, primary care facilities, mental health services, disability services, social care organisations within the Public and Private sector across Ireland.
To discuss this role in detail please contact Charlene Cooke by Phone: 3531 9637070 or +353858768218 email a copy of your CV to Charlene