Staff grade Occupational Therapist (Community Mental Health)
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Staff grade Occupational Therapist with a Positive, Compassionate attitude to join a Community Adult Mental Health Team in Arklow, County Wicklow.
Medforce Recruitment are recruiting an Enthusiastic Compassionate, Forward-thinking Staff grade Occupational Therapist to join its Community Adult Mental Health team in Arklow, County Wicklow.
You will join a friendly, strong and supportive team with excellent structures and supervision.
Your clinical work will involve taking a lead on working with service users with severe/complex mental health needs, using occupationally focussed evidence-based assessment and skills to provide therapeutic interventions.
You should have experience of working within an MDT and will need to be able to share and demonstrate specialist OT expertise and share this with the MDT.
The Occupational Therapy service currently consists of an Occupational Therapy Manager, Senior and Staff Grade Occupational Therapists as well as Occupational Therapy Assistants working across the community.
The post holder will work within a multidisciplinary team and provide Occupational Therapy assessment and intervention to service users within a designated clinical and geographical area. She/he will be responsible for supervision of a staff grade Occupational Therapist and development of the Adult Mental Health Occupational Therapy Service within their designated team.
There will be support from a busy Occupational Therapy department with a wide range of experience and knowledge across general adult and speciality mental health services located in Dublin Southeast and Wicklow catchment areas.
There will be opportunities and support for Continuing Professional Development and Career progression.
This is a Permanent, fulltime role, Monday-Friday, 35 hour working week. Salary range € per annum plus excellent HSE benefits.
- Be registered or be eligible for registration, on the Occupational Therapists Register maintained by the Occupational Therapists Registration Board at CORU
- Experience working in a range of mental health settings.
- Proven ability of working independently as well as part of a team.
- Demonstrate evidence of having applied / used appropriate assessment tools and treatments and a knowledge of the implications of outcomes to service users.
- Demonstrate the ability to lead on planning and managing the delivery of an optimum service in an effective and resourceful manner
- Full drivers license and use of car is essential for this role.
Charlene is a strategic, highly enthusiastic leader with a wealth of experience recruiting Senior Healthcare Professionals, Allied Health and Social Care Professionals across Acute Hospitals, Community Teams, Primary Care, Mental health services, Disability services and social care organisations within the Public and Private Organisations across Ireland.
To discuss this role in detail please contact Charlene Cooke by Phone: 085-8768218 or Email a copy of your CV to Charlene