Staff Grade Medical Scientist (Biochemistry)
Are you a Staff Grade Medical Scientist looking to further develop your career in Biochemistry?
If you want to carve out your career in a highly supportive hospital, renowned for its positive culture and long serving staff, we are waiting to hear from you..
Medforce Recruitment are recruiting a to join a Hospital, located in north Dublin.
If you are a Medical Scientist with experience in Biochemistry and if you are looking to join a hospital that is recognised Globally for their Great work, please contact me….
Role: Permanent, full-time 35 hours a week, with flexible shift patterns, 30 days annual leave per year, plus bank holidays.
On Call Rota: Candidates will be placed on the multi-disciplinary (Biochemistry/Haematology/Blood Transfusion) on-call Rota
Employment Package: This hospital will look after you with an excellent benefit package, public pension scheme, Free parking, Excellent staff engagement, Subsidised restaurant and a vast range of additional rewards.
Salary: As per HSE Pay scale €38,000 €60,000 per annum plus on call payment.
Outline of Duties and Responsibilities
- Performing his/her duties under the general direction of the Senior Medical Scientist, Chief Medical Scientist or Laboratory Manager.
- Maintaining throughout the hospital an awareness of the primacy of patient in relation to all hospital activities and maintain a clear understanding of the importance of providing a quality and safe service to all patients.
- Participating in future development of the Laboratory Service that supports the clinical needs of the patients and is consistent with the mission, vision, values and strategic plan of the Hospital.
- Participating with the Senior Medical Scientist, Chief Medical Scientist or Laboratory Manager in identifying and implementing operational processes in Biochemistry/Near.
- Patient Testing to the standards of ‘best practice’ in order to optimise use of resources.
- Performing routine and specialised work to the highest professional standards as determined by the Senior Medical Scientist, Chief Medical Scientist or Laboratory Manager.
- Participating, as required, with the Senior Medical Scientist, Chief Medical Scientist or Laboratory Manager in costing methods for the laboratory service to other Hospital Department.
- Collaborating with the Senior Medical Scientist, Chief Medical Scientist or Laboratory Manager in the maintenance of efficiency and the introduction of new methods in the Laboratory.
- Assuming responsibility for the quality of work and carrying out all duties in accordance with Hospital policy and accreditation standards.
- Participating in the implementation and maintenance of the ‘quality management’ programme which is patient centred and which measures and audits performance and user satisfaction.
Each candidate must
- Possess qualifications recognised by the Department of Health and Children and be a member of, or be eligible for membership of the The Academy of Clinical Science (A.C.S.L.M) and Laboratory Medicine or prior to 1994 Associate Membership of the Academy (A. A.C.S.L.M.)
- Be registered with CORU – Regulating Health and Social Care Professionals.
- Possess the requisite knowledge and ability (including a high standard of suitability), for the proper discharge of duties of the post.
- Previous experience in Biochemistry in an acute environment is desirable.
- Candidates must have a high capacity for responsibility and individual initiative.
- Be personally motivated with the ability to empower and motivate others.
- Have excellent interpersonal skills and proven written and verbal communication abilities.
- Possess a good knowledge of quality improvement initiatives.
- Have the ability to work on own initiative, prioritise and manage a number of issues simultaneously and demonstrate attention to detail..
- Be able to identify potential difficulties and formulate solutions
To discuss this fantastic role in detail please contact Charlene Cooke by Phone: 019637070 or 085-8768218 to discuss this exciting opportunity.