Senior Speech and Language Therapist
Are you a Speech and Language Therapist looking to make a difference to the life’s of adults?
Are you a Senior Speech and Language Therapist looking to further develop your Clinical and Leadership skills?
Medforce Recruitment are excited to be recruiting a Senior Speech and Language Therapist on behalf of a friendly, dynamic and brand new Primary Care team in Donegal.
Our client is very committed to the development of their people and are seeking people who are passionate about further development of their clinical and leadership skills.
- To be responsible for the provision of a high-quality Speech and Language Therapist service in accordance with standards of professional practice.
- To work in conjunction with other team members in co-ordinating and developing the service to meet the needs of the population it serves in line with the objectives of the organisation.
- To work with the Speech and Language Therapist Manager in ensuring the co-ordination, development and delivery of a quality, client centred Speech & Language Therapist service across and between networks in the geographical area.
- Be responsible for assessment, diagnosis, planning, implementation and evaluation of treatment / intervention programmes for service users according to professional standards.
- Make clinical decisions following assessment of complex cases.
- Arrange and carry out assessment and treatment / intervention programmes in appropriate settings (e.g. clinic, home, school, day centre) in line with local policy / guidelines.
- Communicate results of assessments and recommendations to the service user and relevant others as appropriate.
- Document all assessments, diagnoses, treatment / intervention plans, clinical notes, relevant contacts and summaries in accordance with department and professional standards.
- Collaborate with service user, family, carers and other staff in goal setting and treatment / intervention planning.
- Provide clinical leadership in the day-to-day running of the service by supporting and supervising staff, prioritising and allocating work and promoting positive staff morale.
- Actively engage in team based performance management.
- Provide support and information in relation to communication and / or feeding, eating, drinking and swallowing disorders etc. to service users and relevant others.
- Participate in teams; communicating and working in collaboration with the service user and other team members as part of an integrated package of care.
- Attend clinics and participate in relevant meetings, case conferences and ward rounds as appropriate.
- In conjunction with the Speech and Language Therapist Manager, contribute to the development and implementation of procedures, policies and guidelines while adhering to existing standards and protocols.
Education and Training
- Participate in mandatory training programmes.
- Participate in continuing professional development including in-service training, attending and presenting at conferences / courses relevant to practice, contributing to research etc. as agreed by the Speech and Language Therapist Manager.
- Engage in professional clinical supervision with the Speech and Language Therapist Manager.
- Engage in peer support with Senior Speech and Language Therapist colleagues.
- Manage, participate and play a key role in the practice education of student therapists. Take part in teaching / training / supervision of other Speech and Language Therapy and non-Speech and Language Therapy staff / students and attend practice educator courses as appropriate.
- Ensure newly qualified therapists have adequate induction and clinical supervision and assist in implementing annual staff development and performance review.
- A BSc in Speech and Language Therapy or an equivalent CORU registered Speech and Language Therapy qualification.
- Post graduate Qualification in Dysphagia essential.
- Proven depth and breadth experience working with Adults, Older Persons. Covering Community & Acute Services. FEDs mandatory.
- Demonstrate an ability to manage and develop self and others in a busy working environment.
- Demonstrate clinical knowledge, clinical reasoning skills and evidence-based practice appropriate to carrying out the duties and responsibilities of the role in line with relevant legislation and standards.
- Full Clean Driving License with use of a car
Charlene is a strategic, highly enthusiastic leader with a wealth of experience recruiting Senior Healthcare Professionals, Allied Health and Social Care Professionals across Acute Hospitals, Community Teams, Primary Care, Mental health services, Disability services and Social care organisations within the Public and Private Organisations across Ireland.
To discuss this role in detail please contact Charlene Cooke by Phone: 085-8768218 or Email a copy of your CV to Charlene via the link here