Senior Psychologist (Mental Health of Intellectual Disability)
If you are a Senior Psychologist ready to specialise in areas such as behaviours of concern, autism and dementia, I would love to hear from you.
Medforce Recruitment have an exciting opportunity for Senior Clinical Psychologist to join an adult Mental Health Intellectual Disability multi-disciplinary team in the north Dublin area.
As a Senior Psychologist you will join a highly motivated multi-disciplinary team working with adults with moderate and severe/profound intellectual disabilities and mental health support needs. You will also have an opportunity to work in specialist areas such as behaviours of concern, autism and dementia.
This is a permanent, part time position, offering a very attractive package of €88,834- €104,076 per annum, plus benefits and much more.
- To represent Psychology on the Service’s Mental Health Intellectual Disability (MHID) Specialist Team,
- To work as an integral part of the part of the MHID team and to attend MHID team meetings, case reviews and referral discussions.
- To psychologically assess referred service users when indicated and/or appropriate.
- To initiate, implement and monitor psychological interventions as appropriate to the professional standards of a psychologist.
- To monitor and assess service users’ progress and make adjustments as necessary to psychological interventions.
- To present and discuss cases with the MHID team as part of multifaceted case management.
- To liaise with other disciplines, within and outside of the MHID Specialist Team, in relation to service user needs.
- To liaise with service users and the support team members (i.e. parents, other family members, staff members, advocates, etc.) of service users in the care of the MHID team as necessary and/or appropriate.
You are a potential candidate if you have the following:
- A recognised university degree or diploma with first or second class honours in which Psychology was taken as major subject and honours obtained in that subject
- A post-graduate professional qualification in psychology, recognized by the Psychological Society of Ireland.
- At least 5 years post-graduate experience as a professional psychologist, no more than three years of which was spent in gaining the post-graduate professional qualification and no less than two years full-time spent in post qualification experience as a professional psychologist
- Possess the requisite knowledge and ability (including a high standard of suitability and management ability) for the proper discharge of the duties of the office, and including an interest and experience in working with adults with intellectual disabilities, with or without a diagnosis of autism, who have psychological support needs.
- Applicants with qualifications obtained outside of Ireland must provide a certificate of validation of their qualifications from the Department of Health.
Consolidated pay-scale rates/ Weekly pay cycle/Wellness at Work/Friendly culture/Ongoing supportive, empowering leadership/Specialist clinical training, professional supervision, career development and support/ Ongoing opportunities to progress your career.
Charlene is a strategic, highly enthusiastic leader with a wealth of experience supplying Allied Health and Social Care professionals across acute hospitals, community, primary care facilities, mental health services, disability services, social care organisations within the Public and Private sector across Ireland.
To discuss this fantastic role in detail please contact Charlene Cooke by phone: +3531 9637070 or +353 85 8768218 or email a copy of your updated CV today.