Love making a difference in people’s lives?
Medforce Recruitment can offer you a permanent position where you will genuinely make a difference, everyday!
Medforce Recruitment are recruiting an enthusiastic Senior Psychologist to join a well-established multi-disciplinary CAMHS service located in South Tipperary.
We are looking for a highly motivated individual to recruit to the position of Senior Psychologist.
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced and motivated Psychologist to join a dynamic team and take the role of Senior Psychologist.
This role provides an excellent opportunity to build upon and develop skills and experience as well as working as part of a wider and growing team.
The Senior Psychologist will contribute to the provision of a specialist community mental health service to children and young people 0-18 years, in conjunction with members of the multidisciplinary team. This is one of two CAMHS teams in South Tipperary. The post holder will be responsible for providing highly specialist therapy to children, offering interventions and treatments.
The Psychologist will provide evidence based psychological assessment and intervention to young people presenting with complex mental health difficulties, using a range of evidence based treatment modalities
The Senior Psychologist will join other psychologists from CAMHS and adult mental health in quarterly departmental meetings and there will be further opportunities for informal contact with psychologists across primary care and disability.
The post holder will work alongside other members of the CAMHS multi-disciplinary team comprises of Consultant Paediatric Psychiatrist, Occupational Therapist, Social Worker, Clinical Nurse Specialist, Non Consultant Hospital Doctor and Speech and Language Therapist.
There will be opportunity to join a national network of Psychologists working within CAMHS, and regular opportunities to liaise with other Psychologists within South Tipperary.
Career progression is facilitated, and many opportunities will be offered to represent the Psychology services.
As a Senior Clinical Psychologist, you will join a highly motivated multi-disciplinary team, you will be working with children and adolescents with moderate and severe/profound mental health support needs.
Contract: This is a fulltime, permanent position, working a 35 per week. The salary range is €90,314- €106,000 per annum plus public pension and benefits.
- A recognized university degree or diploma with first or second class honours in which Psychology was taken as major subject and honors obtained in that subject, and
- Have an Irish post-graduate professional psychology qualification accredited by the
- Psychological Society of Ireland in Clinical, Counselling or Educational Psychology
- A min five years post-graduate experience as a professional psychologist, no more than three years of which was spent in gaining the post-graduate professional qualification and no less than two years full-time spent in post qualification experience as a professional psychologist.
- Applicants with qualifications obtained outside of Ireland must provide a certificate of validation of their qualifications from the Department of Health.
- Ability to engage young people, build rapport and develop trust
- Ability to communicate complex ideas simply and effectively
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- HSE Consolidated pay-scale rates, Public pension, Friendly culture, Regular clinical supervision, Ongoing supportive, empowering leadership team
To discuss this fantastic role in detail please contact Charlene Cooke by Phone: 01- 9637070 or 085-8768218 to discuss this exciting opportunity.