Senior Psychologist (Adult mental health)
Would you like to join a collaborative, friendly and supportive team of Clinical and Counselling Psychologists, where your personal and professional development is encouraged and supported?
Medforce Recruitment are recruiting Senior Psychologist’s (Clinical or Counselling) on behalf of an Adult Mental Health team located in north Dublin.
We have vacancies in Primary Care, Acute services, Rehabilitation services, The homeless Services and The refugee and asylum seeker Services.
The locations where we have vacancies are Roselawn Dublin 15, Clontarf, Finglas, Blanchardstown for Senior Clinical/Counselling Psychologists.
The successful candidate will offer a range of specialist Psychology services for clients: comprehensive psychological assessment; intervention that includes a range of modalities and therapy models (including CBT, CFT, DBT); report writing, psychological programme implementation; outcome measurement; and review of effectiveness and service user satisfaction.
- To be responsible for own work and interventions with highly complex presentations as an autonomous practitioner, and to seek supervision from clinical supervisor and colleagues.
- To practice within the statutory code of professional practice/PSI Code of Ethics, and maintain appropriate level of Registration/Chartership.
- To provide clinical placements for trainee psychologists at the request of the Principal Psychologist, ensuring that trainees acquire the necessary skills, competencies and experience to contribute effectively to good mental health care and to evaluate such competencies
- To attend psychology department and other clinical governance meetings, as designated by Principal Psychologist.
- To participate in the ongoing development of a high quality, responsive and accessible service, including advising management on those aspects of service provision that could be improved.
- To exercise delegated responsibility for managing the psychological resources available to a team, whether in qualified and unqualified graduate psychology staff/volunteers, or in psychological materials employed in the assessment and treatment of service consumers.
- To assist and report to the Principal Psychologist in exercising responsibility for the governance of psychological practice within the service.
- To ensure professional standards are met and to rigorously implement all service policies.
- To deliver continuous improvement within the department through defined change management process to achieve organisational objectives.
Contract: We have a range of specified purpose contract positions available. All are fulltime positions working Mon-Fri 35 hours per week, including paid annual leave and bank holidays.
- A recognised qualification as a Clinical Psychologist or Counselling Psychologist.
- A post-graduate professional qualification in Psychology, recognised by the Psychological Society of Ireland.
- Candidates qualified outside the Republic of Ireland will be required to have their qualifications validated by the Dept of Health & Children in Ireland
- Highly developed, in-depth knowledge & practice of psychological assessment and therapy within adult mental health settings.
- Experience of managing own workload and responding to demand for psychology within a busy MDT.
- Knowledge of legislation and its implications for clinical practice, incl. safeguarding of vulnerable populations.
- A recognised university degree or diploma with first- or second-class honors in which Psychology was taken as major subject and honors obtained in that subject, and
- A Supportive, Professional team environment
- Regular Clinical Supervision
- Free on-site Parking
- Training and advancement opportunities
- Career development and advancement opportunities
Charlene is a strategic, highly enthusiastic leader with a wealth of experience supplying Allied Health and Social Care professionals across acute hospitals, community, primary care facilities, mental health services, disability services, social care organisations within the Public and Private sector across Ireland.
To discuss this fantastic role in detail please contact Charlene Cooke by Phone: 01- 9637070 or 085-8768218 to discuss this exciting opportunity.