Senior Occupational Therapist (Eating disorders)
Medforce Recruitment are looking for an enthusiastic, forward thinking Senior Occupational Therapists with experience in eating disorders to take a specialist clinical role in an innovative all aged eating disorder unit in Dublin city.
We are looking for someone who wants to work as part of an integrated Multidisciplinary Team and be part of the delivery team. As well as providing specialist clinical interventions to a caseload during their admission.
You will join a strong and supportive team with excellent structures and supervision. The successful candidate will support the adult and their families through this stage on their treatment journey.
About You You should have experience of working within an MDT and will need to be able to share and demonstrate specialist OT expertise and share this with the MDT. You will need to be able to assess plan, evaluate and provide occupational focused treatment in a variety of settings and in partnership with clients and families.
You will also use interpretation and analytical skills to recommend the best evidenced based therapeutic interventions to maximize client’s functional skills. It would be an advantage to have had training in eating disorder specific therapies.
The Senior Occupational Therapist will develop and maintain high standards of clinical practice within this area through clinical evaluation, audit and research opportunities. The Senior Occupational Therapist will engage actively in clinical and educational duties as required and will evaluate the above-described service. The Senior Occupational Therapist – Mental Health will contribute to a structured process for education of senior and staff grade colleagues, undergraduates and other disciplines.
Fulltime role, specified purpose contact for 1 year, Mon-Friday 35 hour working week. Salary range €57,450-€67,500.
· Be registered or be eligible for registration, on the Occupational Therapists Register maintained by the Occupational Therapists Registration Board at CORU
· Demonstrate clinical knowledge, clinical reasoning skills and evidence-based practice appropriate to carrying out the duties and responsibilities of the role in line with relevant legislation and standards.
· Demonstrate an appropriate level of understanding of the Occupational Therapy process, the underpinning theory and its application to the role.
· Demonstrate the ability to work independently as well as part of a team
· Demonstrate evidence of having applied / used appropriate assessment tools and treatments and a knowledge of the implications of outcomes to service users
· Demonstrate the ability to lead on planning and managing the delivery of an optimum service in an effective and resourceful manner
· Passion for working in eating disorders
· CPD in eating disorders
Charlene is a strategic, highly enthusiastic leader with a wealth of experience recruiting Senior Healthcare Professionals, Allied Health and Social Care Professionals across Acute Hospitals, Community Teams, Primary Care, Mental health services, Disability services and Social care organisations within the Public and Private Organisations across Ireland.
To discussthis role in detail please contact Charlene Cooke by Phone: 085-8768218 or Email a copy of your CV to Charlene via the link here