Are you a Senior Occupational Therapist looking to work in a supportive environment where your manager encourage development to see you reach your career goals?
An Exciting opportunity has arisen for a highly motivated Senior Occupational Therapist to work in Care of Elderly in a Specialist Hospital located in north Dublin.
if you are looking to work with an enthusiastic team who will support and encourage you to develop your clinical, managerial, personal and professional skills, please contact me to discuss.
Medforce Recruitment are recruiting an enthusiastic, passionate Senior Occupational Therapist to work in Care of the Older persons Rehabilitation within this specialist hospital located in north Dublin.
A permanent, fulltime role, Mon-Friday, 35 hour working week. Salary range €58,599-€69,000 per annum plus excellent benefits and Public Pension.
The Annual leave entitlement is in accordance with Health Service Executive circulars.
This Hospital hold a string reputation for staff retention, it has a strong focus on staff support and development, encouraging opportunities for further learning.
Outline of Duties and Responsibilities
- The Senior Occupational Therapist will provide an occupational therapy service in the specialised areas of Care of the Older Person’s Rehabilitation, Ortho-Geriatric & Specialist Geriatric Rehabilitation.
- This service will be provided to an inpatient client group. The Senior Occupational Therapist is an enthusiastic and competent professional with sound academic ability who is keen to develop their clinical skills.
- To be responsible for the day-to-day operation and co-ordination of the Occupational Therapy service to the clinical area of Older Person’s Rehabilitation/ Ortho-Geriatric & Specialist Geriatric Rehabilitation.
- To participate in relevant planning activities to ensure that the occupational therapy services provided are adequate and develop appropriately according to patients needs in consultant and agreement with the Therapy Services Manager as well Orthopaedic Consultants and the Geriatrician affiliated to the Centre for Rehabilitation.
- To plan and carry out patient assessment, intervention and management for a specific caseload of clients as part of a multidisciplinary team.
- To collaborate effectively with patients, their families and carers in IDT Goal setting, treatment planning and discharge planning.
- To be professionally accountable to the Therapy Services Manager.
- To undertake team building and assume responsibility for supervision of Basic Grade Occupational Therapists, Occupational Therapy students and Occupational Therapy Assistants.
- To form effective working relationships with other disciplines to ensure the provision of a high standard of care for the patient.
- Possess a BSc (Hons) degree in Occupational Therapy
- Be a member of, or be eligible for membership of The Association of Occupational Therapists of Ireland.
- Be registered with CORU – Regulating Health and Social Care Professionals.
- Have at least 3 years post qualification experience and a minimum of 1 years specifically in Care of the Older Person/Specialist Geriatric Rehabilitation/ Neurological Rehabilitation
- Basic splinting and hand therapy skills would be desirable.
- Knowledge in the area of Specialist Seating would be desirable
- Clinical audit and evaluation skills required.
- Have proven organisational and case load management skills.
- Have excellent interpersonal skills and proven written and verbal communication abilities.
- Have the ability and motivation to review service delivery and develop/implement quality improvement initiatives as required
- Have experience in leading and managing a team.
- Have up to date knowledge and experience in the field of Older Person’s Rehabilitation/Ortho-Geriatric & Specialist Geriatric Rehabilitation– experience in research and development desirable.
- Have a good understanding of the total healthcare delivery system.
Charlene is a strategic, highly enthusiastic leader with a wealth of experience recruiting Senior Healthcare Professionals, Allied Health and Social Care Professionals across Acute Hospitals, Community Teams, Primary Care, Mental health services, Disability services and social care organisations within the Public and Private Organisations across Ireland.
To discuss this role in detail please contact Charlene Cooke by Phone: 085-8768218 or Email a copy of your CV to Charlene via the link here