Senior Occupational Therapist (Adult Inpatient)
If you are a Senior Occupational Therapist who fancy’s a challenge, has the passion to help others and simply fancy’s a fresh start then please contact me…..
Medforce are recruiting a confident and competent Senior Occupational Therapist to work as part of an adult in patient Occupational Therapy and recovery focused team in a Major Teaching University Hospital in Dublin.
We are looking for a Senior Occupational Therapist who wants to work as part of an Integrated Multidisciplinary team and be part of a Therapeutic group programme.
The successful candidate will join a friendly, strong and supportive team with excellent structures and supervision.
Your clinical work will involve taking a lead on working with service users with severe/complex mental health needs, using occupationally focussed evidence-based assessment and skills to provide therapeutic interventions.
You should have experience of working within an MDT and will need to be able to share and demonstrate specialist OT expertise and share this with the MDT.
The post holder
- Will work within a multidisciplinary team and provide Occupational Therapy assessment and intervention to service users within a designated clinical and geographical area.
- She/he will tailor 1:1 and group interventions to facilitate the recovery journey.
- She/he will be responsible for supervision of a staff grade Occupational Therapist and development of the Adult Mental Health Occupational Therapy Service within their designated team.
- Participate in mandatory training programmes
- Participate in continuing professional development including in-service training, attending and presenting at conferences / courses relevant to practice, contributing to research etc. as agreed by the Occupational Therapist Manager.
- Engage in professional clinical Occupational Therapist supervision with the Occupational Therapist Manager.
Contract This is a Permanent, fulltime role, Monday-Friday, 35 hour working week.
Salary range €57,450-€67,500 per annum plus excellent HSE benefits and a Pension. There will be opportunities and support for Continuing Professional Development and career progression.
- Be registered or be eligible for registration, on the Occupational Therapists Register maintained by the Occupational Therapists Registration Board at CORU
- Three years experience working in mental health (essential)
- Proven ability of working independently as well as part of a team.
- Demonstrate evidence of having applied / used appropriate assessment tools and treatments and a knowledge of the implications of outcomes to service users.
- Demonstrate the ability to lead on planning and managing the delivery of an optimum service in an effective and resourceful manner
Charlene is a strategic, highly enthusiastic leader with a wealth of experience recruiting Senior Healthcare Professionals, Allied Health and Social Care Professionals across Acute Hospitals, Community Teams, Primary Care, Mental health services, Disability services and social care organisations within the Public and Private Organisations across Ireland.
To discuss this role in detail please contact Charlene Cooke by Phone: 085-8768218 or Email a copy of your CV to Charlene on email@example.com