Medforce have been placing overseas Healthcare professionals for a long time and have had great success helping them relocate to Ireland. We provide more than Job search and selection for our candidates. We can assist you through the entire recruitment process, and if applicable, through the relocation processes.
We are market leaders in healthcare recruitment in Ireland and we take pride in the level of service and support we offer medical professionals looking to find rewarding job opportunities in Ireland. Relocation from overseas can be a stressful process, however we work with Public Hospitals that offer relocation packages up to €5,000, sponsorship and much more.
Medforce have been placing overseas Healthcare professionals for a long time and have had great success helping our candidates relocate to Ireland.
Are you an experienced Occupational Therapist looking to propel your career? Have you experience working in an acute care within a busy Occupational Therapy Department?
Medforce are looking for Senior Occupational Therapists who have a genuine interest and desire’s work Acute Care?
We have Senior Occupational Therapy vacancies in a busy teaching hospital located in West Dublin.These are full-time position, permanents.
Salary range €59,478-€70,000 per annum plus excellent HSE benefits and a Pension. There will be opportunities and support for Continuing Professional Development and career progression.
The person appointed to this Senior Occupational Therapist post will work as part of the multi-disciplinary team delivering a coordinated approach to patients in the acute care service. You will be responsible for the day-to-day operation of a complex inpatient caseload including the provision of specialised assessment and treatment interventions.
The Senior Occupational Therapist will continue the development and maintain high standards of clinical practice within this area through clinical evaluation, audit opportunities and evidence-based practice. You will continue the development and maintain high standards of clinical practice within this area through clinical evaluation, audit opportunities and evidence-based practice.
The Senior Occupational Therapist Responsibilities:
- Be responsible for the maintenance of standards of practice of self and staff appointed to clinical / designated area(s)
- Be responsible for managing own caseload and for assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of treatment programmes for service users according to service standards
- Ensure the quality of documentation of all assessments, treatment plans, progress notes, reports and discharge summaries are in accordance with local service and professional standards
- Foster and maintain professional working relationships with colleagues, front line managers, and other healthcare personnel in the team
- In conjunction with the Occupational Therapist Manager be involved in service planning and development by anticipating the changing needs of the service and service users for the inpatient service
- Provide direction and support to ensure the continuing development of the occupational therapy staff grades and students in the Occupational Therapy Service
- Demonstrate a commitment to research and evidence-based practice, identifying and contributing to research, clinical evaluation and audit opportunities
- Assist /be responsible as designated for the day-to-day running of the Inpatient acute Occupational Therapy Service by supervising staff, prioritising and allocating work
- Communicate verbally and / or in writing results of assessments, treatment / intervention programmes and recommendations to the team and relevant others in accordance with service policy
- Participate in teams as appropriate, communicating and working in co-operation with other team members.
- Attend review meetings, team meetings, case conferences, ward rounds etc. as designated by Occupational Therapist Manager.
To be successful in this role, you’ll need:
- Hold a Bachelor of Science in Occupational Therapy
- Hold an Occupational Therapy qualification recognised by the Occupational Therapists Registration Board at CORU.
- Have three years post qualification satisfactory and recent experience in occupational therapy.
- Previous experience working in acute care/busy acute setting.
- Effective communication, both verbal and non-verbal.
- Must participate in appropriate clinical supervision and provides group supervision for Occupational Therapy team.
Charlene is a strategic, highly enthusiastic leader with a wealth of experience recruiting Senior Healthcare Professionals, Allied Health and Social Care Professionals across Acute Hospitals, Community Teams, Primary Care, Mental health services, Disability services and social care organisations within the Public and Private Organisations across Ireland.
To discuss this role in detail please contact Charlene Cooke by Phone: 085-8768218 or
Email a copy of your CV to Charlene on email@example.com