Are you 2 years post qualified experienced as an Occupational Therapist?
Have you experience working in a busy Occupational Therapy Department and Or Physical Medicine?
Are you an Experience Occupational Therapist looking to progress your career as part of a positive and supportive Occupational Therapy Department?
Medforce are looking for Senior Occupational Therapists who have a genuine interest and desire’s to care for patients in the Frailty Intervention Team (FIT). We have Senior vacancies in a busy hospital located in West Dublin. This is a full-time position, permanent..
The person appointed to this Senior Occupational Therapist post will work as part of the multi-disciplinary team delivering a service to the Frailty Intervention Team (FIT) in the Hospital. The service is based in the Emergency Department and the successful candidate will be responsible for provision of specialised Occupational Therapy intervention, for the frail elderly population presenting to this service. This full-time position is permanent.
The Senior Occupational Therapist on the Frailty Intervention Team will work closely with the Consultant Geriatrician, Medical Registrar, Advanced Nurse Practitioner, Senior Physiotherapist and administrator for the service. The service was established in 2022 has developed close links with our community counterparts (which funds this initiative) including the Integrated Care Team for Older Persons.
The Senior Occupational Therapist will be responsible for assessment and intervention as part of the occupational therapy process and will closely work with the Emergency Department team to advise regarding discharge planning with appropriate follow-up arrangements with relevant services.
The successful candidate will work in conjunction with other team members in delivering an efficient service to meet the needs of the service user group and the objectives of the organisation.
The position requires significant flexibility on the part of the post holder in terms of their ability to manage a caseload within a team, ability to triage patients and quickly navigate their clinical reasoning in a fast-paced dynamic environment.
The Senior Occupational Therapist will continue the development and maintain high standards of clinical practice within this area through clinical evaluation, audit opportunities and evidence-based practice.
The Senior Occupational Therapist will contribute to a structured process for their own supervision and that of staff grade occupational therapists, occupational therapy assistants and students as required.
Salary range €59,478-€70,000 per annum plus excellent HSE benefits and a Pension. There will be opportunities and support for Continuing Professional Development and career progression.
The Senior Occupational Therapist Responsibilities:
- Be responsible for the maintenance of standards of practice of self and staff appointed to clinical / designated area(s)
- Be responsible for managing own caseload and for assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of treatment programmes for service users according to service standards
- Ensure the quality of documentation of all assessments, treatment plans, progress notes, reports and discharge summaries are in accordance with local service and professional standards
- Foster and maintain professional working relationships with colleagues, front line managers, and other healthcare personnel in the team
- In conjunction with the Occupational Therapist Manager be involved in service planning and development by anticipating the changing needs of the service and service users for the inpatient service
- Provide direction and support to ensure the continuing development of the occupational therapy staff grades and students in the Occupational Therapy Service
- Demonstrate a commitment to research and evidence-based practice, identifying and contributing to research, clinical evaluation and audit opportunities
- Assist /be responsible as designated for the day-to-day running of the Inpatient acute Occupational Therapy Service by supervising staff, prioritising and allocating work
- Communicate verbally and / or in writing results of assessments, treatment / intervention programmes and recommendations to the team and relevant others in accordance with service policy
- Participate in teams as appropriate, communicating and working in co-operation with other team members.
- Attend review meetings, team meetings, case conferences, ward rounds etc. as designated by Occupational Therapist Manager.
To be successful in this role, you’ll need:
- Hold a Bachelor of Science in Occupational Therapy
- Hold an Occupational Therapy qualification recognised by the Occupational Therapists Registration Board at CORU.
- Have three years post qualification satisfactory and recent experience in occupational therapy.
- Previous experience working in Stroke Care preferable.
- Effective communication, both verbal and non-verbal.
- Must participate in appropriate clinical supervision and provides group supervision for Occupational Therapy team.
Charlene is a strategic, highly enthusiastic leader with a wealth of experience recruiting Senior Healthcare Professionals, Allied Health and Social Care Professionals across Acute Hospitals, Community Teams, Primary Care, Mental health services, Disability services and social care organisations within the Public and Private Organisations across Ireland.
To discuss this role in detail please contact Charlene Cooke by Phone: 085-8768218 or Email a copy of your CV to Charlene on firstname.lastname@example.org