Are you a passionate Occupational Therapist seeking your next challenge in care of the elderly and mental health services?
Would you like to work with an enthusiastic team who will support and help you develop your clinical, managerial, personal and professional skills in occupational therapy? If so, look no further!
Medforce are thrilled to announce our partnership with a well-established hospital offering a range of mental health services to vulnerable adults. On behalf of our client, we are keen to speak to Senior Occupational Therapists who have experience working with elderly people in mental health services. Our client provides 24 hour care to patients based in their Alzeihmer’s centre, treating a range con conditions including Alzheimers, Dementia and other related disorders. Creating personalised indiviudal care plans for each resident, our client enures quality care is delivered to the highest standard.
Reporting to the Head of Occupational Therapy, you will find that our client encouranges a very supportive and collaborative work environment with excellent structures and supervision. This is an opportunity to join a team who truly care about creating a calm and independent environment for their residents who have alzeihmers by offering a range of services and activities.
The Senior Occupational Therapist will provide a comprehensive range of occupational therapy services, including physical, sensory, and cognitive interventions, to meet the needs of residents within our client’s Alzeihmers facility. This role involves collaborating with allied health and social care professionals and providing supervision to basic grade occupational therapists. The Senior Occupational Therapist must adhere to the Code of Ethics of the Association of Occupational Therapists of Ireland.
Job Type: Full-time, Permanent
Location: Swords, North Dublin
Salary: From €58,000.00 – €68,000.00 per year open for negotiation
Benefits: Generous annual leave (25 days paid holidays), VHI health insurance plan, company pension and personal savings scheme, free parking, paid sick leave, discounted gym rate, maternity benefits, on-going training and development, cycle to work scheme, discounted pharmacy rates, subsidised canteen, emplyee assistance program.
Professional / Clinical:
· Apply sound clinical reasoning and expertise in caring for the elderly and those with dementia.
· Respect the values and beliefs of residents and involve them and their families in decision-making when appropriate.
· Collaborate with and delegate responsibilities to Occupational Therapy staff within ACC.
· Ensure compliance with professional codes of conduct, standards of practice, and organizational policies.
Managing a Caseload:
· Conduct advanced Occupational Therapy assessments and interventions.
· Prioritize and plan interventions based on clinical needs.
· Screen and prioritize referrals, offering support to Occupational Therapy staff.
· Collaborate with the MDT for holistic patient care.
Planning, Maintaining, and Evaluating a Quality Service:
· Demonstrate advanced clinical knowledge and skills in dementia care.
· Conduct various assessments and interventions in line with evidence-based practice.
· Deliver training on best practice standards to staff.
· Assist with advanced diagnostic, prognostic, and patient management.
· Communicate information clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
· Deal constructively with obstacles and conflicts.
· Build relations with community colleagues.
· Negotiate effectively with stakeholders.
Leadership and Service Development:
· Manage the day-to-day operations of ACC clinical speciality areas.
· Act as an expert Occupational Therapy clinical resource.
· Lead senior clinical decision-making processes.
· Assist in staff recruitment and maintain efficient stock control.
Qualifications and Experience:
· Bachelor of Science Degree in Occupational Therapy or equivalent WFOT recognized qualification.
· Full registration with CORU.
· Membership in AOTI.
· Minimum of four years post-qualification experience.
· Previous experience as a Senior Occupational Therapist is desirable.
· Excellent assessment skills in posture and seating.
· Experience in caring for the elderly.
If you or someone you know might be interested in this role, please send a copy of your CV to email@example.com or reach out to me on 01 691 7774 for an informal chat.