Senior Occupational Therapist
Are you a Senior Occupational Therapist looking to further grow, develop and enhance your skills with children with disabilities?
Are you an Experienced Occupational Therapist looking to take up a permanent position within a friendly, dynamic, supportive team?
If you are a highly experienced Occupational Therapist with a deep passion for working with Children with disabilities, I would like to talk to you.
Medforce Recruitment are delighted to announce we are recruiting a Senior Occupational Therapist’s to join a Children’s Disability team in north Dublin, Blanchardstown.
This role demands excellent team working, leadership and communication skills and an innovative and committed approach to providing high quality patient care.
Purpose of the Post: The successful candidate will work as part of the children disability network team (CDNT) in the delivery of services to children and young person (0-18yrs) with complex needs. The purpose of this job is to provide quality evidence based Occupational Therapy services in a family centred model and to work as a member of an interdisciplinary team.
Role: A Permanent Full-time Position 35 hours, Monday-Friday with excellent training, supervision, support ,CPD and benefits on offer.
- Consolidated HSE pay-scale rates plus comprehensive annual leave and pension.
- Wellness at Work – Spectrum Life Workplace Wellbeing Programme
- Continuing professional development, professional supervision, career development and support.
- The opportunity to progress your career with academic supports
- Free car parking
- To provide a quality, evidence -based Occupational Therapy service to Children with a primary intellectual disability, secondary physical disability and/or sensory impairment, in consultation with their families, carers and staff.
- To provide an Occupational Therapy service including assessment, intervention, programme planning, monitoring, consultation and/or onward referral services, as appropriate to service users (within designated areas).
- To prioritise together with the CDNM and the Occupational Therapist Manager referrals and involvement with service users/centres in order to optimise the quality, efficacy and equity of the service provided. To maintain a waiting list when necessary.
- To assess and recommend appropriate adaptive equipment taking into account client needs, staff/carer needs, environment and available resources. Also taking into account quality of such equipment and value for money.
- To take responsibility, as required and in consultation with CDNM for the planning, development and provision of specialist Occupational Therapy services e.g. Physical conditions, Autism, , Postural Management etc.
- To contribute, support and participate in, as appropriate, the person centre planning process and/or other similar processes.
The successful candidate will have the following:
- Hold an Occupational therapy qualification recognised by the Occupational Therapy Registration Board at CORU.
- Three years experience working as an Occupational Therapist.
- At least 1 year experience working with children with disabilities.
- A full clean driving licence and use of a car is an essential requirement of this post.
- Excellent communication and listening skills
- Ability to work well within a team
Charlene is a strategic, highly enthusiastic leader with a wealth of experience supplying Allied Health and Social Care professionals across acute hospitals, community, primary care facilities, mental health services, disability services, social care organisations within the Public and Private sector across Ireland.
To discuss this role in detail please contact Charlene Cooke by Phone: 3531 9637070 or +353858768218or email a copy of your CV.