Radiotherapy Operations Manager
Are you an Inspiring, Motivated, Dynamic Leader with a Deep Personal Commitment for Service improvement?
Medforce Recruitment are recruiting a Radiotherapy Operations Manager to Further Develop and Transform a State-Of-The-Art Radiotherapy Centre in Cork city. We are looking for an enthusiastic, motivated and dynamic individual this exciting opportunity.
This is a full time, permanent position with a very attractive salary and benefit on offer.
Overview of the Post
The Radiotherapy Operations Manager Radiation Oncology will be responsible for the leadership and management of the Radiation Oncology Department located in Cork. Responsibilities include the management of clinical operations, quality management, regulatory affairs, continuing education, and financial responsibilities.
The successful candidate will manage opportunities to improve patient safety and will participate in projects and programs designed to reduce errors, improve processes, and to create a culture of continuous quality improvement resulting in an exceptional patient experience.
A motivational Clinical Leadership, be an Effective Team player with Strong Influencing skills and be able to Deliver Continuous Professional and Service Improvement.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Coordinates the operations of the Radiation Oncology Department.
- Through positive leadership techniques influences and oversees all staff both clinical and non-clinical
- Ensures adequate personnel coverage to meet volume demands and adjust schedules as necessary in order to ensure patient safety standards.
- Develops/Implements/Administers network policies and procedures to standardise quality patient care
- Produces high quality work in a timely fashion to meet established deadlines. Work is accurate and substantiated by fact.
- Provide effective financial oversight by balancing expenses against budget.
- Utilising a shared governance approach and will work with Director of Oncology and the Cancer Centre’s Leadership staff, other site managers, HR Leadership and all other staff in the operations of the radiation oncology department.
- Will demonstrate effective communication techniques with patients, staff, management and senior leadership in daily operations.
- Performs in accordance with system-wide competencies/behaviours.
- Other As-Hoc duties as assigned.
- Quality Assurance/CQI Program Management
- Prioritise patient safety at all times
- Oversee the department QA program and establishes meaningful, measurable QA programs to meet regulatory demands.
- Oversee departmental CQI Activities. Conducts CQI meetings, sets goals and objectives for improvement, and measures results. Results are documented using the Organisations standards.
- Works in conjunction with the site Medical Director, other Radiation Oncologists and all staff to maintain high standards for quality service.
Continuing Education Management
- Assesses learning needs of staff utilising surveys, QA Program Results, advice from Radiation Oncologists, and new processes and procedures.
- Implements or coordinates training programs to meet the needs of the staff.
- Seeks approval for Continuing Education Credits to enable the staff to earn required education credits and are complaint at all times with their appropriate regulatory body
- Supervises and oversees site budget, including operational and capital budgets in collaboration with the Medical Director.
- Monitors and analyses financial performance, including profitability and volume metrics. Implements appropriate changes to increase efficiencies, enhance revenue, and control expenses.
- Maintains FTE’s at budgeted levels or can justify increases/decreases based on site volumes.
- Maintains supply and total expenses at budgeted levels or can justify increases/decreases based on site volumes.
- Oversees billing and revenue capture initiatives working in collaboration with the site’s Medical Director.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Health Care Administration, Business Administration or a related field.
- Master’s Degree and Radiation Therapy experience preferred.
- Must have at least 3-6 years appropriate post qualification experience of progressive management.
- Acts in accordance with the vision, mission, and values of the company and in compliance with the corporate policies and JCI quality standards.
Charlene is a strategic, highly enthusiastic leader with a wealth of experience supplying Allied Health and Social Care professionals across acute hospitals, community, primary care facilities, mental health services, disability services, social care organisations within the Public and Private sector across Ireland.
To discuss this fantastic role in detail please contact Charlene Cooke by Phone: 085-8768218 or contact Charlene by email your CV to email@example.com