Are you a skilled and passionate Radiographer seeking an exciting opportunity to make a significant impact in the field of medical imaging? Look no further! Medforce are currently seeking a dedicated Radiographer Clinical Specialist CT to join an esteemed hospital team. This is an exceptional chance to work in a dynamic healthcare environment that values innovation, teamwork, and patient-centred care.
Our client, located in the ebautiful coastal area of Wexford, is a leading healthcare facility renowned for its commitment to delivering exceptional medical services. They offer state-of-the-art technology, a supportive work environment, and a collaborative approach to patient care. Their multidisciplinary team of professionals is dedicated to providing outstanding diagnostic and therapeutic services, ensuring the well-being of their patients.
Leadership and Accountability
- Stay updated on clinical and technical advancements in Radiology and advocate for best practices.
- Provide leadership in managing and implementing change, fostering a sense of commitment among staff.
- Lead a team of skilled staff, promoting positive working relationships and ensuring an efficient, patient-centered Radiology service.
- Drive and enact changes in the service, adapting to local work practices.
- May act up/deputize for the Radiography Services Manager.
- Take primary responsibility for the CT service and resource utilization.
- Be accountable for service quality, customer service, and technical aspects.
- Develop and implement operational policies, protocols, and guidelines in line with international standards.
- Advise on equipment selection, purchase, and maintenance.
- Contribute to service plans, monitor their implementation, and maintain accurate clinical data records.
- Monitor equipment service, maintenance, and performance, coordinating preventative maintenance schedules.
- Stay current with radiographic and clinical developments, promoting best practices.
- Participate in quality initiatives and clinical audits.
- Optimize CT patient workflow and vet CT requests.
- Flexibility to facilitate urgent cases when required.
- Ensure Radiographers in the CT department adhere to best practice guidelines.
- Maintain ongoing communication with the Radiography Service Manager.
- May require rotation to other general/specialized areas.
- Contribute to financial planning and budgetary control.
- Efficiently manage consumables.
- Participate in human resource planning and staff recruitment.
- Support ongoing service development and improvement initiatives.
- Establish and maintain a training function for staff and trainees.
- Contribute to the induction of new staff.
- Assess staff performance and identify training needs.
- Foster teamwork within the CT Department.
- Promote a safe environment for staff and patients.
- Report and investigate incidents and complaints.
- Ensure compliance with radiation safety, infection control, and health and safety policies.
- Develop and maintain a quality assurance program for CT equipment.
- Supervise ancillary equipment and ensure safe work practices.
- Comply with HIQA standards and associated HSE protocols.
- Actively support sustainable energy and resource practices.
(a) Candidates for appointment must:
(i) Be registered, or be eligible for registration, on the Radiography Division of the
Radiographers Register maintained by the Radiographers Registration Board at CORU. (https://www.coru.ie/)
(ii) Have not less than 6 years full time (or an aggregate of 6 years) post qualification clinical experience.
(iii) Possess a recognised postgraduate course relevant to the specialism (Quality & Qualifications Ireland Level 9) as recognised by the IIRRT and have no less than 4 years practical clinical experience working in the speciality. Practical clinical experience will include time assigned to work in the relevant specialist area but needs to comply with the following breakdown:
- Pre commencement of a postgraduate course (maximum of 1 year* allowed);
- Time spent completing the post graduate course (maximum of 1 year** allowed);
- A minimum of 2 years experience* following completion of a postgraduate course.
** A minimum of 12 weeks assigned to work in the relevant specialised area will be required for each relevant year to be counted.
** The research component of a postgraduate programme will count towards the post course time once the Radiographer has successfully completed the taught components of the programme.
(iv) Requisite Knowledge & Ability
Possess the requisite knowledge and ability (including a high standard of suitability, management, leadership and professional ability) for the proper discharge of the duties of the office.
(v) Provide proof of Statutory Registration on the Radiography Division of the Radiographers Register maintained by the Radiographers Registration Board at CORU before a contract of employment can be issued.
2. Annual Registration
(i) On appointment practitioners must maintain annual registration on the relevant division of the Radiographers Register maintained by the Radiographers Registration Board at CORU.
(ii) Practitioners must confirm annual registration with CORU to the HSE by way of the annual Patient Safety Assurance Certificate (PSAC).
Candidates for and any person holding the office must be fully competent and capable of undertaking the duties attached to the office and be in a state of health such as wouldindicate a reasonable prospect of ability to render regular and efficient service.
Candidates for and any person holding the office must be of good character.
If you or someone you know is interested in becoming a Radiographer Clinical Specialist CT in a busy but rewarding environment, please send your CV to email@example.com or reach me by phone on 01 691 7774 for a confidential chat.