Find Your Place: Relocate to Ireland ☘
You can save lives by being the right person in the right place at the right time. And that place is Ireland. A place where breathtaking landscapes meet warm hearts, and a world-class healthcare industry awaits your expertise. Medforce is now welcoming applicants seeking a fresh start in Ireland for across a range of healthcare roles.
Are you a skilled and passionate Radiation Therapist looking for an exciting new opportunity? Medforce in partnership with a leading healthcare enterprise are seeking experienced Radiation Therapists at basic grade and Senior level to join our client’s well-established team in beautiful Waterford, Ireland. Our client is dedicated to providing exceptional care and radiation therapy services to their patients, making life-changing medicine happen.
This position provides a unique opportunity to blend science, technology, compassion, and patient care. These Radiation Therapist positions offer the chance to positively impact the lives of others while staying at the forefront of medical advancements in radiation.
Location: Waterford, Ireland
Type: Permanent, full-time 35 hours per week
Why join this facility?
- Be part of a reputable healthcare organization where all staff believe in accessible, world-class care that puts patients first.
- Access to state-of-the-art facilities and advanced radiation therapy technologies.
- Ongoing professional development opportunities to enhance your skills and knowledge.
- Competitive salary and benefits package including pension scheme, gym membership, subsidised cafeteria.
- Maintain a caring and supportive atmosphere for patients, visitors, medical staff, and co-workers.
- Deliver radiation treatment as per prescription and treatment plan.
- Ensure patient safety by following departmental procedures for treatment administration.
- Recognize and report any deviations from prescribed treatment delivery.
- Assure the quality of treatment through accurate documentation of treatment records.
- Review electronic portal images to ensure proper treatment portal placement.
- Explain treatment procedures to patients and their families.
- Assist in taking localization radiographs and collecting data during simulation procedures.
- Assist in the supervision and evaluation of student performance during clinical rotations.
- Participate in treatment-related procedures and assist at other locations when needed.
- Utilize effective communication and interpersonal skills to address patient concerns and provide education.
- Observe and report any expected or unexpected reactions to treatments.
- Perform and document daily and weekly quality assurance activities for assigned equipment.
- Attend multidisciplinary team meetings for patient care coordination.
- Complete daily treatment schedule and maintain accurate records, including billing information.
- Ensure a safe and orderly treatment room.
- Provide on-call coverage for emergency situations.
- Assist the Lead RT and clinical specialists in the day-to-day operations, including the future development of new machines.
Qualifications & Experience
- Completion of a formal radiation therapy technology program in an Irish/EU/AMA-approved institution.
- CORU registration required.
- Senior post – Must have at least 3 years relevant and appropriate post graduate radiotherapy experience.
If you are a skilled and dedicated Radiation Therapist seeking a rewarding career opportunity, I would love to hear from you. Contact me via email at email@example.com or on 01 691 7774.