Professionally Qualified Social Worker (Rehabilitation)
Are you a Professionally Qualified Medical Social Worker looking to further grow your skills in Acute/Rehabilitation setting?
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Medical Social Worker to join a hospital located in the outskirts of Dublin city. This hospital provides setp down care for older persons, frail elderly, rehabilitation, community response model of inpatient care and a day hospital service.
Medforce Recruitment are currently looking for experienced Medical Social Worker to join a very supportive, friendly, kind and positive multi-disciplinary team. In this role you will be given regular supervision every 3-4 weeks.
The purpose of the post is to provide a social work service that seeks to improve the health and wellbeing of the service users within the context of their admission to the Hospital. The post holder will work in partnership with patients and families to empower and enable coping with the impact of illness, disability, hospital admission and discharge. S/he will achieve this through the implementation of an accessible, equitable, person-centred professional social work service.
Within the Hospital, The Social Worker plays a key role in Co ordinating Community-based services to ensure a safe and timely discharge from hospital back to the community.
Role: A specified Purpose contract up to 6-12 months, full-time 35 hours, Monday -Friday.
You are a potential candidate if you have the following.
- A recognised qualification as a Social Worker
- Registration with CORU essential
- Experience with Fair Deal, the Nursing Home Support Scheme, and Home Care Package processes as relevant to the role (Desirable)
- All candidates need to have verification that they have completed the following e-learning programmes on HSEland: 1. Children First, 2. Good Information Practices, 3. Effective Complaints Handling and 4. Safeguarding adults at risk of abuse
- All candidates need to have completed the HSE Infection Prevention Control module on HSEland: 1. Hand hygiene for clinical staff, 2. Breaking the Chain of Infection and 3. Putting on and Taking Off PPE in Community Healthcare Settings.
- Demonstrates an ability to assess psychosocial factors impacting on an frail older person
- Demonstrate an understanding of the impact of illness, hospitalisation and disability on a frail older person and their family
- Knowledge of policy, legislation and best practice guidelines relevant to social work practice issues.
Charlene is a strategic, highly enthusiastic leader with a wealth of experience supplying Allied Health and Social Care professionals across acute hospitals, community, primary care facilities, mental health services, disability services, social care organisations within the Public and Private sector across Ireland.
To discuss this fantastic role in detail please contact Charlene Cooke by Phone: 085-8768218 or to discuss this exciting opportunity.