Medforce are currently seeking Physiotherapists to join our Hospital Teams across the South east of Ireland. Our client, a hospital group, are among the best in Ireland for quality of care, medical education, healthcare research, safety and clinical performance delivered through a mix of Voluntary and Statutory hospitals. The hospitals currently provide a wide variety of specialties on a national, regional or local level to different patient categories, which in the future through collaboration and working closely together will allow integration and improved patient flow across the continuum of care. This will enable our Hospital services within the Group to deliver high-quality patient care in the most cost-effective manner.
Locations: Dublin, Meath, Kilkenny, Wexford, Westmeath
Job Title: Senior Physiotherapist, Regional Hospital West Meath.
All our inpatient senior Physiotherapy staff will be responsible for managing the
collective needs of the inpatient service.
Remuneration The salary scale for the post is (as at 1st October 2023): €59,478 €60,747 €62,054
€63,350 €64,646 €66,012 €67,449 €68,883 €70,033
The hospital provides the following acute services:
· Accident & Emergency
· General Medicine (Including Regional Stroke Thrombolysis)
· General Surgery
· Obstetrics and Gynaecology
· Paediatrics / Special Care Baby Unit
· Critical Care
· 24 hour CT scanning service
· Out-Patient Services incl. Ophthalmology
The hospital also provides diagnostic Radiological and Pathology services as well as
Physiotherapy, Occupational Therapy, Speech & Language Therapy, Cardiac Diagnostic
and Rehabilitation Services, Pulmonary Function Laboratory and Respiratory Services.
The Physiotherapy service in RHM includes an inpatient service, encompassing a wide
range of presentation including, but not limited to, respiratory care, neurological
presentations, rehabilitation, care of the older person and inpatient paediatric care, and
an outpatient service, encompassing musculoskeletal/ orthopaedic, rheumatological,
paediatric, pelvic health and obstetric presentations.
This senior post holder will be an integral part of the Hospital’s Senior Physiotherapy staff
compliment and as such will have a key role in service development and planning across
the whole Physiotherapy service.
This Senior post holder will have a role in facilitating student placements.
Your reporting relationship will be to the Physiotherapy Manager in Charge III.
Purpose of the Post:
· To work in conjunction with other team members in co-ordinating and developing
the service to meet the needs of the population it serves in line with the objectives
of the organisation.
· To work with the Physiotherapy Manager in ensuring the co-ordination,
development and delivery of a quality, client centred physiotherapy service.
· To carry out clinical and educational duties as required.
· Communicate and work in co-operation with the Physiotherapy Manager and other team members in providing an integrated quality service, taking the lead role as
· Be responsible for the co-ordination and delivery of a quality service in line with best practice and professional standards.
· Be a lead clinician in assigned, allocated clinical areas of responsibility and carry a
· Be responsible for client assessment, development and implementation of individualised treatment plans that are client centred and in line with best practice.
· Be responsible for goal setting in partnership with client, family and other team members as appropriate.
· Communicate effectively with and provide instruction, guidance and support to, staff clients, family, carers etc.
· Work as a key worker for particular cases, if required.
· Be responsible for standards of professional and clinical practice of self and staff appointed to clinical / designated area(s) in line with the Scope of Practice of CORU and Health Service Executive (HSE) guidelines, policies, protocols and legislation.
· Be a clinical resource for other Physiotherapists.
· Plan and manage resources efficiently in assigned areas of responsibility.
· Document client records in accordance with professional standards and departmental policies.
· Provide a service in varied locations in line with local policy and within appropriate time allocation (e.g. clinic, home visits).
· Apply health promotion as an ethos across the clinical area to promote health and wellbeing.
· Participate and be a lead clinician as appropriate in review meetings, case conferences etc.
· Seek advice of relevant personnel when appropriate / as required.
· Set and maintain a high standard of clinical/non-clinical practice within healthcare and other settings.
· Develop and promote professional standards of practice.
· Work within own scope of professional competence in line with principles of best practice, professional conduct and clinical governance.
· Provide weekend and on call service as is required with this post.
Quality, Health & Safety and Risk
· Develop and monitor implementation of agreed policies, procedures and safe professional practice by adhering to relevant legislation, regulations and standards.
· Ensure the safety of self and others, and the maintenance of safe environments and equipment used in Physiotherapy in accordance with legislation.
· Assess and manage risk in their assigned area(s) of responsibility.
· Take the appropriate timely action to manage any incidents or near misses within their assigned area(s).
· Report any deficiency/danger in any aspect of the service to the team or Physiotherapy Manager as appropriate.
· Develop and promote quality standards of work and co-operate with quality assurance programmes.
· Have a working knowledge of the Health Information and Quality Authority (HIQA) standards as they apply to the role, for example, Standards for Healthcare, National Standards for the Prevention and Control of Healthcare Associated Infections,
Hygiene Standards etc. and comply with associated HSE protocols for implementing and maintaining these standards as appropriate to the role.
· Support, promote and actively participate in sustainable energy, water and waste initiatives to create a more sustainable, low carbon and efficient health service.
· Be responsible for the safe and competent use of all equipment, aids and appliances both by clients and staff under their supervision.
· Oversee, monitor and uphold the standards of professional practice within their Physiotherapy team.
· Ensure that privacy and dignity of the patient is respected at all times.
· Liaise with patients, carers and other health care professional to ensure a holistic approach to patient care.
· As a mandated person under the Children First Act 2015 you will have a legal obligation to report child protection concerns at or above a defined threshold to TUSLA & to assist Tusla, if requested, in assessing a concern which has been the subject of a mandated report.
Eligibility Criteria Qualifications and/or experience:
1. Statutory Registration, Professional Qualifications, Experience, etc
(a) Candidates for appointment must:
(i) Be registered, or be eligible for registration, on the Physiotherapists Register
maintained by the Physiotherapists Registration Board at CORU.
(ii) Have three years full time (or an aggregrate of three years full time) post qualification
(iii) Have the requisite knowledge and ability (including a high standard of suitability and
professional ability) for the proper discharge of the duties of the office.
(iv) Provide proof of Statutory Registration on the Physiotherapists Register maintained
by the Physiotherapists Registration Board at CORU before a contract of employment
can be issued.
2. Annual Registration
(i) On appointment, practitioners must maintain annual registration on Physiotherapists
Register maintained by the Physiotherapists Registration Board at CORU
(ii) Practitioners must confirm annual registration with CORU to the HSE by way of the
annual Patient Safety Assurance Certificate (PSAC).
· Demonstrate clinical knowledge, clinical reasoning skills and evidence based practice appropriate to carrying out the duties and responsibilities of the role in line with relevant legislation and standards.
· Demonstrate an appropriate level of understanding of the Physiotherapy process, the underpinning theory and its application to the role.
· Demonstrate evidence of having applied / used appropriate assessment tools and treatments and a knowledge of the implications of outcomes to service users.
· Demonstrates the knowledge, abilities and technical skills required to provide safe, efficient and effective service in the area of practice.
· Demonstrate a willingness to engage and develop IT skills relevant to the role.
· Demonstrate general knowledge of the structure and operation of the Irish health service, particularly in the context of physiotherapy and the multidisciplinary team
· Demonstrate knowledge of health strategies, core standards, quality initiatives and outcome measurement.
· Demonstrate knowledge of research methodology.
· Demonstrate knowledge of legislation applicable to physiotherapy practice.
· Demonstrates the ability to plan activities and co-ordinate resources to ensure value for money and maximum benefit for the organisation.
· Demonstrates ability to prioritise the most important tasks on an ongoing basis.
· Demonstrates flexibility and adaptability in response to workforce demands.
· Demonstrate ability to take initiative and to be appropriately self-directed.
· Demonstrates ability to lead by example and adapts leadership style to suit the demands of the situation and the people involved.
· Demonstrate an ability to manage and develop self and others in a busy working environment.
· Demonstrate the ability to work independently as well as part of a team, collaborates well with others.
· Demonstrates the ability to react constructively to setbacks and to both give direction / feedback, and take direction / feedback, from others.
· Demonstrate a commitment to continuous professional development and knowledge sharing.
· Demonstrate the ability to lead and manage a team effectively.
· Actively participate with the departmental supervision process.
· Demonstrate a commitment to and the ability to lead on the delivery of a high quality, person centred service.
· Demonstrates innovation in the provision of person-centred care and in overcoming resource limitations.
· Ensures that all service users are treated with dignity and respect and ensures that the welfare of the service user is a key consideration at all times.
· Works at an operational level to build alliances and learn how to best position service delivery to meet the needs of its service users.
· Is open to change and supports the implementation of change.
· Demonstrate the ability to evaluate information and make effective decisions in relation to service user care.
· Explains the rationale behind decisions confidently when faced with opposing or competing demands. Is objective but also aware of sensitivities in their approach.
· Regularly quantifies and evaluates activities against service plans and takes timely action to correct potential difficulties. Recognises how service constraints impact on service delivery.
· Demonstrates an ability of being able to effectively judge a situation and advocate for an alternative course of action if this is required. To know when this is required and how it may impact other stakeholders
· Display effective communication skills (verbal & written).
· Tailors the communication method and the message to match the needs of the audience; demonstrates active listening skills.
· Demonstrates effective interpersonal skills including the ability to collaborate in partnership with others.
· Demonstrates sensitivity, diplomacy and tact when dealing with others; is patient and tolerant when dealing with conflict situations. called to interview in bands depending on the service needs of the organisation.
To apply or for more informtion, please send your cv to email@example.com