Medforce in parternship with CAMHS Team are seeking an experienced Senior Occupational Therapist.
Currently, we have openings in both Drogheda and Navan, where you’ll become a valued member of a supportive team that offers outstanding support and supervision.
In your clinical role, you will take the lead in working with service users facing severe/complex mental health challenges. You will employ evidence-based assessments and occupationally focused skills to deliver therapeutic interventions. You will collaborate seamlessly with a supportive, multidisciplinary team of therapists and benefit from regular guidance provided by the Occupational Therapy Manager.
Our Occupational Therapy service is presently supported by a hands-on Occupational Therapy Manager, with 33 Occupational Therapists and Occupational Therapy Assistants working diligently throughout the community.
Child and Adolescent Mental Health Service (CAMHS): As a Senior Occupational Therapist, you will play an integral role in our creative and recovery-focused occupational therapy department. You will collaborate with an OT Manager, Clinical Specialist, Senior OTs, and Staff Grade OTs across the Louth and Meath areas. CAMHS comprises multiple community teams, providing opportunities for peer supervision and departmental learning. In your role, you will manage a complex caseload and conduct assessments and interventions specific to occupational therapy, all while addressing the impact of moderate to severe mental health difficulties on the occupational performance of young individuals.
As part of the Multidisciplinary Team (MDT), you will also carry out generic mental health work, including initial intake assessments, and assume a key working role. Additionally, you will be responsible for supervising a staff grade Occupational Therapist and contribute to the development of the Occupational Therapy Service within your designated team. You will also work collaboratively as a team member of the Occupational Therapy Service for Louth and Meath CAMHS.
Contract: This is a one-year Specified Purpose contract for a full-time position, Monday to Friday, with a 35-hour working week. You will have the opportunity to interview for a permanent position during your contract tenure.
Salary: We offer a competitive salary range of €58,599 – €68,988 per annum, coupled with excellent HSE benefits. Furthermore, we provide ample opportunities and support for Continuing Professional Development and career advancement.
- Eligibility for registration or registration with the Occupational Therapists Register maintained by the Occupational Therapists Registration Board at CORU.
- A minimum of three years of full-time post-qualification clinical experience (or an aggregate of three years).
- Demonstrated clinical knowledge, clinical reasoning skills, and evidence-based practice in compliance with relevant legislation and standards.
- An appropriate understanding of the Occupational Therapy process, its underlying theory, and its application to the role.
- Display the ability to lead by example and adapt your leadership style to suit varying demands and individuals involved.
- Proven capability to manage and develop oneself and others in a bustling working environment.
- Exhibit effective communication skills, both verbally and in writing.
- Possession of a full driver’s license and access to a car is essential for this role.
Please send your CV to email@example.com