Position: Senior/Staff Grade Occupational Therapist
Location:Primary Meath and Louth
Medforce in partnership with Primary Care facilities in Co. Meath & Co. Louth are seeking a Senior Occupational Therapist to join a multidisciplinary Team in Mental Health. The Occupational Therapist will play a pivotal role in delivering high-quality occupational therapy services to patients in an acute psychiatry unit. This role involves assessing patients’ needs, developing treatment plans, and providing therapeutic interventions to patient’s in the acute phase of illness.
- Conduct comprehensive assessments of patients’ physical, cognitive, and psychosocial needs to determine their functional abilities and limitations.
- Develop individualized treatment plans based on assessment findings, collaborating with patients and their families to set achievable goals.
- Provide evidence-based therapeutic interventions to address patients’ physical, emotional, and functional needs.
- Offer guidance and support to junior occupational therapy staff, assisting in their professional development and promoting best practices.
- Work collaboratively with a multidisciplinary team of healthcare professionals to ensure coordinated and holistic patient care.
- Document patient progress, interventions, and outcomes accurately and in a timely manner.
- Participate in regular case conferences and team meetings to discuss patient progress, treatment plans, and recommendations.
- Stay up-to-date with the latest research and developments in occupational therapy and implement evidence-based practices.
- Contribute to the planning and execution of community outreach and education initiatives related to occupational therapy.
- Adhere to ethical and professional standards set by relevant regulatory bodies and the organization.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Occupational Therapy from a recognized institution.
- CORU Registered.
- Proven experience as an Occupational Therapist, preferably in a primary care or community healthcare setting.
- Strong clinical and assessment skills, including the ability to develop and implement effective treatment plans.
- Leadership skills and the ability to mentor and support junior staff members.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, for effective patient interaction and collaboration with colleagues.
- Ability to work autonomously and as part of a multidisciplinary team.
- Proficiency in using relevant software for documentation and record-keeping.
Experience as an Occupational Therapist in a Mental Health Setting.
- HSE Pay Scale
- Professional development opportunities.
- Collaborative and supportive work environment.
- Generous Annual Leave
Please submit your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org to apply.