Medical Social Worker
Are you a Professionally Qualified Medical Social Worker Looking to further develop your career within an acute setting working with adults?
A Permanent Opportunity has become open for a Medical Social Worker to Join a State-of-the-Art Step-Down care, Rehabilitation Facility in North Dublin. This top class 200 bedded facility is specifically designed to provide ongoing medical monitoring for patients.
Medforce Recruitment are recruiting a Medical Social Worker to join a very supportive, friendly and positive multi-disciplinary team.
The Medical Social Worker will report to the Director of Clinical Services and to the Principle MSW for professional supervision
Purpose of the post
To provide comprehensive social work services as part of a multidisciplinary team, in line with principles of patient centred care that reflect the needs of the patients and good practice in social work as well as Bartra Healthcare standards.
Role: A permanent full-time role, 37.5 hours per week across Monday -Friday.
Excellent Benefits Career Progression, Training and Development, Healthcare Plan, Health and Well-being Programme, Birthday Gift, Incremental Rates of Pay, Annual pay increase, Free Parking, Subsidised Meals, Education Support etc.
Role and Responsibilities:
- To support the Social Work Department in the principal that care of the patient comes first at all times and will approach their work with the flexibility and enthusiasm necessary to make this principle a reality for every patient to the greatest possible degree.
- To provide a comprehensive social work and counselling service to all patients and their families.
- To demonstrate an excellent skill set in practice of communication and, interpersonal skills that effect strong co-working multi-disciplinary team professional relationships that foster person centred patient care collaboratively.
- To develop robust and comprehensive patient care plans in partnership with the patient, their family and the multi-disciplinary team to effect detailed and safe transfer/discharge.
- To demonstrate in practice the unique sociological model of care that social work provides in informing, educating and supporting colleagues understand the social model of care for patients and how it works in partnership with the medical model.
- To develop strong co-working multi-disciplinary professional relationships that foster person centre patient care collaboratively.
- Maintain throughout an awareness of the primacy of the patient in relation to all hospital activities.
- The post holder will uphold human rights, dignity and integrity for the patient, understanding and engaging in patient consent led support and intervention
Qualifications and Knowledge:
- A recognised qualification as a Social Worker
- Registration with CORU essential
- Engage in Personal Development Plan as key to identifying growth and development in the role.
- Keep updated on current and impending legislation/policy/protocols and the perceived impact on practice. Engage in the development and learning of Social Work theory ensuring that the latest developments in practice are known and implemented in daily practice to ensure informed practice.
- Keep up to date with organisational developments within the Irish Health and Social Services.
- Ability to use independent judgment and to manage and impart confidential information.
- The post holder must be familiar with the necessary education, training and support to enable them to meet this responsibility.
Charlene is a strategic, highly enthusiastic leader with a wealth of experience supplying Allied Health and Social Care professionals across acute hospitals, community, primary care facilities, mental health services, disability services, social care organisations within the Public and Private sector across Ireland.
To discuss this fantastic role in detail please contact Charlene Cooke by Phone: 01- 9637070 or 085-8768218 to discuss this exciting opportunity.