Medforce in partnership with the HSE are seeking a Staff Grade Medical Scientist (Histopathology) to join a Hospital in Co.Mayo. This is a fixed term 6 month contract with an immediate start.
Job Specification: Medical Scientist, Staff Grade (Histopathology)
Terms and Conditions of Employment
Tenure: The current vacancy available is a 6 month fixed term contract with an immediate start.
The post is pensionable an may b extended.
Remuneration: HSE Pay Scale €38,540-€62,160. Incremental credit will be applied for recognised relevant service. Working Week: The standard working week applying to the post is to be confirmed at Job Offer stage.
Protection of Children: The welfare and protection of children is the responsibility of all staff. You must be aware of and understand your specific responsibilities under relevant child safeguarding legislation and policies.
Infection Control: Have a working knowledge of relevant standards and protocols for implementing and maintaining infection control measures.
Health & Safety: It is the responsibility of line managers to ensure the management of safety, health, and welfare within their area of responsibility.
-Must be CORU registered
Scientific / Professional
- Maintain awareness of the primacy of the patient in relation to all hospital activities.
- Perform assigned work to the highest professional standard in accordance with ISO 15189 and laboratory SOPs.
- Demonstrate behaviour consistent with the values of the profession of Medical Scientist.
- Participate in implementing a service that supports the clinical needs of patients and is consistent with the mission, vision, values, and strategic plan of the HSE.
- Participate in the implementation of operational processes to standards of best practice.
- Be responsible for their own work and carry out their duties in accordance with laboratory and hospital policy, using resources to the maximum efficiency.
- Ensure that procedures are carried out in compliance with national and international guidelines and actively participate in internal and external quality control and quality assurance.
- Be familiar with and duly implement all documented procedures and policies of the department.
- Perform analytical testing appropriate to a multi-disciplinary laboratory.
- Perform all activities related to the receipt, analysis and reporting of laboratory specimens.
- Perform all activities related to Reagent and Stock Management.
- Actively participate in Quality Management programs which are patient centred and which measure audit performance and client satisfaction.
- Report all anomalies, near misses, non-conformances, incorrect results immediately to appropriate senior staff.
- Ensure all policies in relation to record keeping are followed.
- Evaluate reagents, equipment, consumable items as required.
- Observe strict confidentiality when dealing with all aspects of patient or hospital information.
- Participate and co-operate in evaluating and validating equipment, consumables and research and development projects.
- Be familiar with and respond accordingly to the activation of the Major Emergency Plan.
- Liaise with other health care professionals as appropriate.
- In co-operation with the Consultant Heads of Department, Laboratory Manager, Chief Medical Scientist, and other designated senior staff, participate in the introduction of new ideas and methods according to HSE policy.
Key responsibilities include:
- Developing safety statements and updating them regularly.
- Integrating Occupational Safety and Health (OSH) into day-to-day business.
- Consulting and communicating with staff on OSH matters.
- Ensuring appropriate training for employees.
- Managing incidents and investigations.
- Seeking advice from health and safety professionals
To apply for this position, please send your CV to email@example.com