Dysphagia Speech and Language Therapist
Are you an enthusiastic, motivated, forward-thinking Speech and Language Therapist ready for a new challenge?
If you are a Dysphagia trained Speech and Language Therapist looking to join a friendly, dynamic supportive team, I want to hear from you.
Medforce Recruitment are excited to announce we have a range of Paediatric Speech and Language Therapy jobs in Community Primary Care Teams in Dundalk and Drogheda.
Main duties of the job:
- To provide speech and Language Therapy services to children in a modern primary care setting. The children will have acquired communication disorders, and/or speech and/or language disorders, and/or eating, drinking and swallowing disorders.
- You will have post graduate dysphagia experience and be confident in assessment and formulating person-centred management plans.
- You will delivery dysphagia training to staff teams and will be responsible for reviewing and updating training content, with support.
- You will participate in MDT meetings and discussions.
- You may also be involved in best interest decisions making in relation to the dysphagia needs of the child.
- A BSc in Speech and Language Therapy or an equivalent CORU registered Speech and Language Therapy qualification.
- Post graduate qualification in Dysphagia
- Have proven experience working with children or in a Primary Care setting.
- Experience of working as part of a multidisciplinary team.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to interact well with children and young people.
- Have enthusiasm, imagination and initiative.
- Full Clean Driving License with use of a car
I am looking for someone who:
- Is committed to working in the community as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
- Is enthusiastic, with excellent assessment and communication skills.
- Is passionate about the speech and language therapy
- Is excited about working with a wide range of children: children with developmental co-ordination difficulties, sensory and behavioural difficulties, autism and children with severe physical and complex needs in both early years and of school age.
Charlene is a strategic, highly enthusiastic leader with a wealth of experience recruiting Senior Healthcare Professionals, Allied Health and Social Care Professionals across Acute Hospitals, Community Teams, Primary Care, Mental health services, Disability services and Social care organisations within the Public and Private Organisations across Ireland.
To discuss this role in detail please contact Charlene Cooke by Phone: 085-8768218 or Email a copy of your CV to Charlene via the link here