Clinical Psychologist (Children’s Primary Care)
Medforce Recruitment are seeking dynamic, motivated and innovative Clinical Psychologist’s on behalf of Children’s Primary Care team Bray, Co. Wicklow.
The post holder will receive excellent accredited supervision by a Senior Psychologist (on site), to help you consolidate your therapy skills in a focused and supported way. Here, you’ll find purpose in your work.
Role: This Staff Grade Clinical Psychologist position is a long-term contract (1-year plus). The working week is Monday to Friday from 9am-5pm. There is a strong emphasis on teamwork with regular supervision and CPD opportunities available to support you.
This role You will be based in the child and family psychology service, providing a range of psychological services and support to children (0-18) who are experiencing mild to moderate psychological challenges. This service provides screening, assessment and intervention based on the formulation of the presenting needs.
Working in partnership with a multidisciplinary team, you will be responsible for the delivery of first-class psychology services to children with a range of issues including Behavioural difficulties, Anxiety & depression, Difficulties managing feelings, Difficulties with concentration and attention, Mild difficulties relating to disability, Social and interpersonal difficulties, Relationship difficulties between parent and child.
- A recognized university degree or diploma with first- or second-class honors in which Psychology was taken as major subject and honors obtained in that subject, and a Post-graduate professional qualification in psychology, recognised by the Psychological Society of Ireland.
- Candidates qualified outside the Republic of Ireland are required to hold validation of their qualifications with the Dept of Health & Children
- Some post graduate experience within a similar setting is essential, placement experience of at least 60 days supervised experience in child psychology will be considered.
- Permission to work in Ireland.
- Available to start work as soon as possible.
Charlene is a strategic, highly enthusiastic leader with a wealth of experience supplying Allied Health and Social Care professionals across acute hospitals, community, primary care facilities, mental health services, disability services, social care organisations within the Public and Private sector across Ireland.
To discuss this role in detail please contact Charlene Cooke by Phone: 085 876 8218 or or email a copy of your CV.