Clinical Psychologist (CAMHS)
Medforce Recruitment are excited to announce we are recruiting dynamic Psychologists to join a Professional and highly experienced MDT Community CAMHS teams in Naas, county Kildare area.
You will be part of a wider team of experienced Psychologists working using a range of interventions and assessments that support young people and their families through mental health recovery.
This CAMHS team provides Mental Health services to children and adolescents in the Dublin southwest, Kildare west and Wicklow region. The service is made up with 8 community teams and a number of specialist services and treatment pathways, including inpatient care, specialist’s team for eating disorders, mental health in intellectual disability and a DBT consult team.
This is a fulltime, specified purpose contract, working 35 per week. Based in Naas, County Kildare.
The role will involve working on a community mental health team, these CAMHS teams respond to and deliver community mental health interventions in accordance with the HSE clinical operational guidelines for CAMHS. Teams assess for and manage a variety of mental health difficulties including a variety of mental health difficulties including low mood, anxiety and OCD, management of risk (suicidality and self-harm), and eating disorders.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the delivery of a psychology service to that team and will enjoy the support of the wider psychology team in their role. Opportunities will present for working dynamically in the delivery of effective psychological interventions.
Requirements of the role:
- A recognized university degree or diploma with first or second class honours in which Psychology was taken as major subject and honors obtained in that subject, and
- A post-graduate professional qualification in psychology, recognized by the Psychological Society of Ireland.
- Applicants with qualifications obtained outside of Ireland must provide a certificate of validation of their qualifications from the Department of Health
- Ability to engage with young people, build rapport and develop trust
- Ability to communicate complex ideas simply and effectively
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Supervision will be provided in house
- Car parking on site- free
- Opportunity to advance and develop therapeutic skills, through training and via the experienced psychology team
- Opportunity to work alongside specialist mental health services.
Charlene is a strategic, highly enthusiastic leader with a wealth of experience supplying Allied Health and Social Care professionals across acute hospitals, community, primary care facilities, mental health services, disability services, social care organisations within the Public and Private sector across Ireland.
To discuss this fantastic role in detail please contact Charlene Cooke by Phone: 01- 9637070 or 085-8768218 to discuss this exciting opportunity…..