Medforce are delighted to have parterned with an internationally recognised centre for excellence in eye care, eye surgery and world class ocular research to recruit a Clinical Floor Manager in Co. Kildare.
My client maintains an incredibly rewarding experience for medical professionals within the ophthalmic field.
As Ireland’s only fully comprehensive sub-speciality service, they pride themslves in creating an innovative and progressive practice for professionals.
They focus on excellence in clinical outcomes in everything they do. They are actively involved in clinical trials and invest heavily in the most advanced diagnostics and technological equipment.
This is an excellent opportunity for career progression in a fast-paced and dynamic environment that strives for a healthy work-life balance.
Function:The Clinic Floor Manager (CFM) is responsible for the effective and efficient running of the clinic, meeting performance targets and maintaining patient safety goals. The CFM will report to the COO but have ultimate responsibility to manage the flow and performance as well as lead the operational effectiveness of the clinic administration functions. The CFM will need to be well organised, efficient and have a high level of ability to prioritise and multi-task effectively.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Create and manage the clinic rota, commensurate with clinical activities.
• Liaise with functional leads and other locations where support is required, ensuring that it is prepared and circulated in a timely manner.
• Responsible for ensuring sufficient Technician cover during periods of absenteeism or holidays.
• Plan, organise and delegate work in a fair manner.
• Support all team members equally for the common goal and in line with strategy.
• To enhance the effectiveness of patient flow through the clinic, review any constraints/bottlenecks and develop ways to continually improve and remove them.
• Where constraints/bottlenecks occur, engage and influence the prioritisation of patients with consultants.
• Ensuring that clinical staff provide excellent patient care and adhere to established protocols and standards.
• Understand clinic demand, ensure scheduling match demand.
• Be flexible in availability to management and in line with business demands.
• Manage the clinic to ensure a smooth patient flow and patient room allocation.
• The CFM will work collaboratively with “in house” and external colleagues, to drive processes which are essential to the successful running of the clinic.
• Collaborate with clinical staff to develop effective protocols, ensure these are standardised, documented and followed by all.
• Overall responsibility for stock management and ordering, working on a Kanban storage of stock, always ensuring stock is purchased at the best price for the clinic.
• Continually revise protocols and keep up to date.
• Have a proactive approach to managing the clinic facility (Eg. Keeping clean and free of clutter, ensuring equipment is serviced.
• Support the introduction of new technologies and new activities within the clinic.
• Take ownership of surgical and clinical scheduling queries.
• Monitor patient satisfaction and respond to patient concerns, complaints, and queries in a timely manner and escalate when necessary.
• Ensure JCI & Patient Safety Goal compliance at clinic, reporting any incidents to the relevant nominated person.
• Ensure staff attend mandatory training days & assist with training day planning.
• Swift response to escalating and managing complaints & incidents.
• Implement quality improvement plans in a timely manner.
• Support ongoing tracer activity across clinic.
• Monitor compliance with training and education requirements.
• Have a pro-active approach to risk management.
• Recruit, lead, manage, develop and motivate team members, including conducting probation reviews, performance evaluations, coaching and mentoring, and providing training, cross training and development opportunities and ensuring ownership of their tasks, with the aim of building an effective and engaged team, and collaborate with HR when necessary.
• Take responsibility for orientation of new employees within your area and ensure the new employee receives adequate training for them to conduct their role and that they are aware of all clinic procedures.
• Monitor timekeeping and absenteeism among direct reports and manage the HR online system.
• Take ownership of HR Online system and manage annual leave and TOIL requests in a timely manner.
• Motivate employees and maintain good morale in the clinic, provide feedback on key accomplishments, and identify areas for improvement if necessary.
• Deliver employee communication sessions and provide feedback of same.
• Engage with all employees on a continuous basis and develop a strong team culture within the clinic.
• Maintain continuous engagement and motivation with all departments and locations, fostering a strong team culture and high morale within the Company.
• Manage team performance, addressing underperformance in a timely and constructive manner.
• Manage all personnel issues including recruitment, training, and disciplinary matters Administrative Duties.
• Provide cover for front desk/clinical roles.
• Provide daily clinic updates of prioritised administrative tasks completed the day before to the Administration Manager and plan next day’s clinic admin priorities.
• Support the administration team with day-to-day queries.
• Be aware of all administration activity and at all times be aware of the work that is being completed and deadlines.
• Adhere to document control processes when updating SOPs, processes, protocols and documents.
Qualifications & Experience:
• 5+ years’ experience successful management of a team.
• Degree in Nursing or Ophthalmic Nursing is required.
• Previous experience or knowledge of eye examinations/eye care is desirable.
• Strong knowledge of clinical operations and patient care.
• Maintains a high level of professionalism, integrity and trust.
• Able to handle sensitive information and maintain confidentiality.
Salary: €51,000-€75,000 Per annum DOE
If you would like to apply for this postion please send your CV to: