Area Service Manager- ID Service
At Medforce Recruitment, we are currently seeking an Area Service Manager on behalf of an intellectual disability service.
This is an exciting opportunity for someone who is looking for a new challenge!
Purpose of Post: The Area Service Manager will take governance and oversight management responsibility for Designated Residential Services, Day Services and Supported Living services in Munster/South Leinster.
The post holder has responsibility for the daily management of all aspects of operational delivery of the residential services for their designated centres. They will ensure the provision of high quality, responsive and sustainable services in accordance with HIQA regulations and relevant legislation (including Safeguarding of vulnerable adults 2014 and Trust in Care 2005).
Role: Full-time 40 hours – Fixed term one year Contract.
Be responsible for the entirety of the management and performance of assigned services in line with good professional practice and subject to agreed policy directives and priorities.
- A minimum of a Level 8 on the QQI Framework – BA in Social Care Studies or equivalent relevant qualification in Health or Social Care or in a relevant professional discipline. Nursing, Psychology, Behaviour Support Speciality
- Post graduate qualification ideally in Social Care Management or Management Qualification
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in management or supervisory role in the area of health or social care.
- Have a minimum of five years’ experience working in the disability sector.
- Experience of ensuring services are running in accordance with HIQA regulations.
- Demonstrable and operational knowledge of HIQA and relevant legislation, policies and procedures
- Candidates must possess the competencies and skills appropriate to working with persons with an intellectual disability.
- Must have the requisite knowledge and ability to discharge the duties of the post.
- Competitive salary
- Pay scales.
- Career progression opportunities
- Work/life balance
- Paid annual leave-25 days.
- Refer a friend scheme.
- Employee Assist Programme offering advice and counselling.
- Death in Service Benefit
- Paid mandatory training.
- Paid travel expenses.
If you would like to know more details, please contact Heather Walsh on the below details.