Staff Grade Social Worker (Children disability)
I am excited to share a new and very exciting Job opportunity for a Professionally Qualified Medical Social Worker who’s passionate about enhancing the life’s of children with disabilities.
Medforce Recruitment are recruiting a dynamic, motivated and compassionate Professionally Qualified Social Worker on behalf of a Children’s disability Service located in Dublin.
I am eager to hear from committed, motivated, enthusiastic, passionate and caring social workers who are eager to develop their skills and specialism with children with disabilities.
The successful candidate will be part of a very supportive team. In this role you will be given regular supervision, you will be supported closely by your colleagues in this role, who all have experience of working with people who have complex needs.
Role: A permanent contract, a fulltime position, Monday-Friday,working a 35 hour working week.
The salary is depending on experience €45,773-€66,341 per annum plus public pension and excellent benefits.
Excellent Benefits: Public Pension, Career Progression, Training and Development, Healthcare Plan, Health and Well-being Programme, Restaurant onsite with subsidised meals, Incremental Rates of Pay, Annual pay increase, Free Parking, Education Support etc.
- To work in partnership with people to support, parents, families/carers and others as appropriate to address the needs of the person.
- To work alongside people to support towards the achievement of their maximum potential and participation, and to ensure the person enjoys the maximum quality of life possible.
- To work specifically with the needs and goals of the person in the context of their relationship system – family, carers, day and residential staff – exploring and addressing whatever in the person’s life is helping them to make progress and what if anything is impeding their progress and contribution.
- This involves a comprehensive assessment of the person and his/her family and where necessary ongoing social work and periodic reviews.
- To identify the most appropriate social work methods that would best enhance the maximum functioning of the person.
- To maintain the person’s and family’s right to relationship of mutual trust, privacy, confidentiality and responsible use of information.
- To be responsible for linking people with available resources whether these lie within the person themselves, their family, the service or the community.
- To inform people we support and their families of their rights, entitlements, benefits and services.
- Hold an NQSW or equivalent
- Hold a full clean driving licence and full use of a car
- Have experience of working with Children with disabilities or in Primary Care
- Be registered with the Social Workers Registrar (CORU) with active CPD Portfolio
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, initiative, teamwork and time management skills
- Knowledge of policy, legislation and best practice guidelines relevant to social work practice issues.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a multidisciplinary team.
- Ability to use independent judgment and to manage and impart confidential information.
Charlene is a strategic, highly enthusiastic leader with a wealth of experience supplying Allied Health and Social Care professionals across acute hospitals, community, primary care facilities, mental health services, disability services, social care organisations within the Public and Private sector across Ireland.
To discuss this role in detail please contact Charlene Cooke by Phone: 3531 9637070 or +353858768218.