Medforce Recruitment are delighted to have parterned with an internationally recognised centre for excellence in eye care, eye surgery and world class ocular research to recruit a qualified Optometrist with clinical experience in Co. Kildare. Please contact me on Lhall@medforce.ie
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Provide care for patients with eye-related disorders and conditions.
• Conduct routine eye examinations, including visual field tests.
• Determine each patient’s visual acuity, field of vision and hand-eye coordination.
• Take detailed medical histories for all patients, including current and past prescription medications.
• Evaluate eye-related symptoms.
• Educate patients on proper eye care.
• Advise patients about proper eye hygiene and care.
•Understand clinic demand, ensure scheduling match demand.
• Manage the clinic to ensure a smooth patient flow and patient room allocation.
• Work collaboratively with “in house” and external colleagues, to drive processes which are essential to the successful running of the clinic.
• Plan, organise and delegate work.
• Develop protocols, ensure these are standardised, documented and followed by all.
• Continually revise protocols and keep up to date.
• Devise protocols for clinic activities. Prioritise with clinic employees.
• Support the introduction of new technologies and new activities within the clinic.
• Ensure that effective health and safety procedures are developed and managed to comply with statutory obligations.
• Actively engage with management and consultants. Highlight items of concern.
• Ensure the highest levels of patient satisfaction.
• Maintain a clean and neat working environment, ensuring high standards of housekeeping.
• Promote and actively engage in an environment of compliance, continuous improvement, responsiveness to change and innovation within the clinic.
Qualifications & Experience:
• 3+ years’ experience. Previous experience in a busy patient clinic is an advantage.
• Registered Ophthalmology qualification.
• An ability to manage deadlines and effectively handle multiple tasks.
• Credible clinical and organisational leadership skills and ability to influence others.
• Flexibility and openness to change and ability to lead and support others in a changing environment.
*Full clean drivers licence.
Optometrist Job Description
• The ability to foster a learning culture amongst staff and colleagues to drive continuous improvement in services to patients.
• An ability to work effectively with multi-disciplinary teams.
• An ability to work on own initiative. To be an analytical and forward thinker. Be able to recognise a problem and schedule review.
• Have the ability to interface and build relationships with patients, employees and management at various levels within the organisation.
• Maintains a high level of professionalism, integrity and trust. Able to handle sensitive information and maintain confidentiality.
• Must have a ‘can do’ attitude with a willingness to undertake any task required.
• Possess the natural ability to do the right thing for the business, not the easy thing This job description is intended as a summary of the primary responsibilities and qualifications for this position.
Location: Co. Kildare with flexibilty to support sister clinics where necessary.
Salary: €55,000-€60,000 with excellent benefits.
Hours: Full time, Monday- Friday or Monday-Thur (longer day).