Medforce are delighted to be working with the most successful European healthcare diagnostics imaging company. They have over 400 staff within their Irish clinics, where the business operates diagnostic imaging and minor injuries centres around the country, offering a broad range of cutting-edge imaging technology and healthcare services to the public, insurers, employers and other organisations.
They are now seeking an experienced MRI Radiographer to join their team based in Athlone and on-site in various clinics.
Responsibilities of the MRI Radiographer
· Responsible for daily operations of the MRI list, patient schedule, equipment maintenance, the report of equipment failures, and quality assessment (QA).
· The MRI Radiographer must maintain a high standard of medical ethics always and be self-motivated to increase level of understanding and knowledge of the field, both technical and clinical, as well as new procedures as they evolve.
· Perform clinical assessment and diagnostic MRI examinations.
· Use cognitive radiographic skills to identify, record, and adapt procedures as appropriate to anatomical, pathological, diagnostic information and images.
· Use independent judgment during the MRI exam to accurately differentiate between normal and pathologic findings.
· Assess clinical information and medical history to ensure appropriate scan parameters are chosen.
· Coordinate work schedule with Clinical Lead and RSM to assure workload coverage.
· Assume responsibility for the safety, mental and physical comfort of patients while they are in their care.
· Maintains and updates Radiology Information Systems.
· Oversee maintenance of MRI equipment and work area and maintain adequate supplies.
· Performs other work-related duties as assigned.
· To provide cover in other Radiology areas, such as Xray as required.
· Be responsible for specific aspects of service activities as may be delegated from time to time by either the Clinical Specialist in MRI or Clinical Lead.
· Be conversant with, and observe, radiation safety local rules where applicable.
· Observe systems of dose reduction-Justification, Optimisation (ALARA), Limitation.
· Make appropriate use of radiation protective devices.
· Observe departmental policy regarding radiological examination of women of reproductive capacity.
· Observe practices that protect yourself, the patient and others from direct and scattered radiation.
· Accept only those requests, which are properly authorised in accordance with established criteria, and where requests are for examinations that will be of benefit to the patient.
· Ensure that patient understands the nature of the examination, and that patients consent is obtained prior to carrying out any examination.
· Assist in the safe transfer and movement of patients under their care.
· Ensure that each examination is fully completed.
· Keep a record of every radiological examination carried out, noting screening times, radiation doses and other statistics where appropriate.
· Keep abreast in understanding and knowledge of all new developments applicable to radiography.
· Comply with departmental policies service.
· Participate in the staff development and individual performance review process.
Requirements of MRI Radiographer
· BSc in Diagnostic Imaging or equivalent recognised qualification.
· 3-5+ years Post graduation consecutive experience in MRI
· Valid CORU Registration.
· Extensive Experience in MRI routine and complex scanning
· Strong interpersonal skills, ability, and approachability
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Comply with the company policy on complaints and patient services.
· Ensure adherence to all policies, procedures, protocols and guidelines relation to professional practice including the maintenance of Quality Assurance standards.
· To maintain the highest standards of patient care and report any discrepancies found in that regard.
· The employee must be physically capable of carrying out all assigned duties:
· Emotional and physical health sufficient to meet the demands of the position.
Should this role be of interest please click apply or contact John Reid – firstname.lastname@example.org